Brain Injury awareness month post day 31 ! You guys have been amazing putting up with me for an entire month about brain injury and my story of how I have used plant medicine to assist in symptom management. I am so much more than my brain injury. I truly believe I went through it and survived because of how much invisible illness changed me. It’s super easy to be focused on the negative and be sad and depresssd over the things you can no longer do ….. it takes strength to pull yourself up….. I live every single day in pain , I have anxiety and depression and most of all I struggle with cognitive function. It’s really easy to become known as the brain injured girl ….. I am so much more than my brain injury. I am doing all I can to normalize the conversation surrounding plant medicine as a tool for brain injury symptom management. I am doing all I can to remove the stigma surrounding the plant as medicine. But most importantly I am doing all I can to talk about the invisible illness and how to be your own advocate. The plant is my medicine and I am doing all I can , with what I have , right now. #invisibleillness #braininjuryawarenessmonth #patientadvocacy #patientstories #bethechange #nikkilawley #nikkiandtheplant #tbisurvivor #braininjuryawarenessmonth #dontjudgewhatyoudontunderstand

Posted by Nikki Lawley at 2024-03-31 12:34:15 UTC